Eleftherios Venizelos Stamp

Eleftherios Venizelos Stamp

The Historical and Folklore Museum of Therisos was set up in 1985 and is housed in the building which was used as military headquarters by Eleftherios Venizelos and his co-fighters during the Therisos revolution. Until 1908, the revolutionaries printed a newspaper named after the village, issued their own stamps and coins and made their own cartridges.

Chania (Hania)|Heraklion (Iraklion)|Rethymnon|Lasithi