Gavdos Lighthouse

Gavdos Lighthouse

The Lighthouse of Gavdos, in Greek "Faros" - was built on the highest possible point (360 m) of the island in 1880 by the "Ottoman Lighthouse Company". It used to be the second lighthouse erected in the highest place in world (after the Lighthouse on the Fire Island). Destroyed during World War II in 1942 it went out for over 60 years.

Chania (Hania)|Heraklion (Iraklion)|Rethymnon|Lasithi